10/15/2013 – The Sust Enable Project is seeking an experienced documentary producer to join us on our journey to create a holistically sustainable documentary film.
The Sust Enable Project (TSEP) is an artistic documentary film and media exploration into the many meanings of “sustainability,” which unpacks conventional ideas about sustainability by showing the profound transformations a variety of people and projects–including TSEP itself–undergo as they strive to “be more sustainable”. (For more about TSEP, please visit: www.sust-enable.com).
The ideal candidate must be:
– experienced (at least 3-5 years experience successfully producing documentary films and/or television programs in distribution)
– efficient, effective, and hard-working, comfortable with tele-commuting
– creative, willing to think outside the box
– passionate about sustainability, interested in becoming an integral contributor to creating a completely sustainable film and filmmaking methodology
– residing in CA, OR or CO preferred, but not required
You will be taking over primary producing duties from producer/director Caroline Savery in applying for grants, recruiting partners and team members, and initiating pre-production (work which is currently underway). Our strategy presently includes partnerships with Women Make Movies (WMM), Sustainability Media, Participant Media, Working Films, and more. See our current list of partners here.
Job starts immediately, with production anticipated to begin in Late Summer 2014. Pay is deferred, as you will be helping raise money. Please review TSEP’s Budget Top Sheet, Fundraising Prospectus and Timeline for additional information about the film’s plans.
To apply, please contact director Caroline Savery immediately at sust.enable [at] gmail.com with your cover letter (preferred), resume and references for an interview. This position will close once the right candidate is secured.
If you are a filmmaker, designer, organizer, or non-profit looking to partner with us, we are always looking for collaborators. Please connect with us at any time.